Saturday 23 June 2012

Films

Children's Films

I adore children's films. Besides sci-fi and action they are probably my type of favourite films. I have just watch "How to Train Your Dragon" for the second time this week. Do you remember watching it in 3D at the cinema Dragina? It is a an amazing movie, if you haven't watched it, I seriously recommend you watch it. The relationship between hiccup and toothless is so georgous and I love Toothess' expression. I want a Toothless as a pet. :3
Just something I made with all my favourite "Toothless expressions" :D

I think that children's movies really reflect society's fears. Infact movies in general reflect society's fears. If you look at old James bond movies, the badies are communist or trying to use nuclear power in some evil plot. This showes that at the time society was unsure of the effects communisim or nuclear power would have on the world. These days we have movies such as Limitless. This movie shows that society is currently concerned about the huge leaps we are making as a species in medical technology and if we are ready to handle these changes or if we will all become addicts to medication because of what it allows us to do.

 I would like a movie to come out that looks at medical advances but more specifical looks at overpopulation which is connected to medical advances. Pharmacists and Chemists are trying so hard to advance in terms of medical technology that they do not seem to be considering some of the more sinister effects that extending our lives will have to our planet such as over population and lack of resources. Just a thought.
Anyways, hope you are well! DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment