Monday 6 August 2012

Popularity


Popularity

It is the doom of some people and what others pride themselves on. I have broken the ‘popularity ladder’ into sections. Here’s what I think:

1.       Ultra popular – The ones who can be very selective of their friends and the ones who ‘everyone likes’. Though personally I don’t think this is true because I only genuinely like 3 of the ultra popular people in our year.

2.       Nice popular – these people are generally smart and people who everyone like. Several of my friends fall into this category. These people are one step down because not everyone knows them and they are less outgoing. Severally people I know in this category are ‘nice’ but rather exclusive.

3.       Popular within several groups. These people are well known however less so than the groups above them, however they are part of several friend groups and are very popular within these groups.

4.       Popular within their own group. These people are popular within their own group and just their own group, they are little known.

5.       In a group. These are the people that fit into a friend group but aren’t one of the ‘key members’ of that group.

6.       Awkward member of their group. These people normally hang out in the library or something but when they hang out with their group they are a bit of an awkward wheel.

7.       Mr/ Mrs Unpopular. These are the people who to be honest nobody likes because whilst the may be nice they have no social skills. These people are often selfish and unable to hold normal conversations, they also tend to randomly butt in on conversations they are not part of (this is really annoying).

So if you want to boost yourself up the social ladder one needs to be confident and learn good social skills and I’m sad to say this but give some consideration to their appearance.  However if you are in 5, 6 or 7 I recommend you always think twice or thrice before you say something! Popularity isn’t everything, at this stage grades are and I recommend you have nice friends who care about you for who you are.

Sorry for the short post… maths test tomorrow which I should start studying for! :P
If you have any questions about popularity so leave questions in comments! :)

DFTBA!!

1 comment:

  1. You summed everything up quite nicely here! ^^
    (It amuses me to see where on this 'ladder' I was in my life and when)

    ReplyDelete