Monday 9 July 2012

Model United Nations

Model United Nations


Hello there!
I'm sorry for the post from last week having to be this week, however I have an excellent excuse. I was in Wellington attending the New Zealand Model United Nations (NZMUN). This is a four day conference where yoth from around New Zealand meet in Wellington and are representing a country. Throughout the conference you spend four days intensly debating resolutions that have global inpacts. Then in the evenings there were social events such as Regional dinner (where countried from a similar region get together and eat at an ethnic resurant) a quiz and a ball.

Best quote from NZMUN:
"Just because 99% of our country vote for the single potitical party, does not mean it is a surpressive dictaorship!" - Turkmenistan
I love New Zealand UNyouth. It is great spending four days with like minded people who are so motivated. After every conference I come away feeling motivated and inspired! I shall be adding more photos as soon as I get some more! :)

If you are interested in getting involved in UN youth and live in New Zealand then go here: http://unyouth.org.nz/ and look under events. If you don't live in New Zealand try to find the un youth website for your country! it is a global organisation aimed at teaching youth about the UN.

Also no idea why Julia hasn't been posting.... but she is in lots of trouble and has several challenges to carry out because she has been neglecting her blog duties. I shall be making her do this asap! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment